Knowledge Base

Can I pay for phone charges on my federal FOP?

Category:  Finance

Question:  Can I pay for phone charges on my Texas Tech University federal FOP?

Answer:   Local phone charges are not allowed on federally funded sponsored projects, so any Texas Tech University (Chart T) FOPs that begin with 21 cannot be used. There are instances when the federal funding agency has given specific approval due to the nature of the project to allow local phone charges.   Enhancements are continually being made to the Gateway system.   However, at this time, the Gateway cannot accept any exceptions to the general rule of no phone charges on federal funds.   Departments will need to use another non-SPAR FOP to process the initial telephone charge.  If it is allowable on the federal grant then the department will need to submit a cost transfer to move the charge to the federal FOP.  This is a temporary solution until program changes can be made in the Gateway system to allow exceptions federal FOPs. 

Sponsored projects that begin with 22 and 23 can be used to pay local phone charges. 
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Related Articles
How do I find a an account code to use with an HSC FOP?
Viewed 348 times since Mon, Oct 13, 2008
How are a FOP and a FOAP different?
Viewed 1567 times since Tue, Jun 17, 2008
What is an endowment?
Viewed 274 times since Mon, May 4, 2009
Where can I find information on proper use of funds within a Fund Group, Category or Class?
Viewed 488 times since Tue, Jul 29, 2008
How do I know what the document prefix is for a finance transaction?
Viewed 352 times since Mon, Oct 20, 2008
What is the difference between transfer to Auxiliary and transfer to Auxiliary Plant?
Viewed 252 times since Mon, Aug 2, 2010
How can I locate my Banner TechID R# ?
Viewed 300 times since Mon, Oct 13, 2008
When a financial manager changes will the authority delegated by the previous manager be deleted?
Viewed 246 times since Wed, May 6, 2009
What is a rule class code?
Viewed 368 times since Sat, Nov 22, 2008
How do you change or remove signature authority?
Viewed 360 times since Fri, Oct 24, 2008