Knowledge Base

When an employee is moving from department to another do I use Job Change ePAF or Transfer ePAF?

Question :  If an employee is leaving one department and moving to another, does it matter whether the gaining and losing departments use the Job Change-End/Job Change-Begin ePAFs or the Transfer- Losing/Transfer Gaining ePAFs—don’t both of these sets end one job and start another?


Answer :  If an employee is leaving one department and moving to another, the Transfer Losing/ Transfer Gaining ePAFs must be used because they contain important transfer information that is not included in the Job Change End/Job Change-Begin ePAFs. 

  • Job Change End / Begin assumes the employee is staying in the same department.  Home Department is not changed and Work Location/Address/Phone are not changed.
  • Transfer Losing/Gaining collects the new Home department and Work Location/Address/Phone.

 The Transfer-Losing ePAF defaults to Job Change Reason code TRFLD-Transfer Losing Department.  This only needs to be changed to TRFLI – Transfer Losing HSC-TTU-SYS if the employee is transferring between Charts of Account in addition to Departments.

The Transfer-Gaining ePAF includes fields for the new Work Address, Home Department, and Work Location.  Failure to update this information causes problems with the employee’s locator information, campus mail distribution, and Web Time Entry or Web Leave Report approval queues.

Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Related Articles
Which ePAFs require that supporting documents be attached?
Viewed 202 times since Wed, Dec 22, 2010
Where do I go to find a specific employee’s position number?
Viewed 312 times since Tue, Feb 17, 2009
What is a primary job?
Viewed 330 times since Wed, Dec 22, 2010
Can you help me understand Annual Salary?
Viewed 356 times since Fri, Jan 16, 2009
How do I remove ePAF Originator or Approver access?
Viewed 358 times since Fri, May 29, 2009
What does the "Removed from Queue" status mean on an ePAF?
Viewed 256 times since Mon, Feb 2, 2009
I have ended an employee’s job in Banner who I will reappoint at a later date, should I make any notes in the comment section of the ePAF?
Viewed 293 times since Tue, Jan 6, 2009
What is a secondary position?
Viewed 306 times since Wed, Dec 22, 2010
How do I attach documents to the ePAF?
Viewed 229 times since Wed, Dec 22, 2010
What is a Manual Check Request (MCR)?
Viewed 372 times since Wed, Dec 22, 2010